Provides leadership for multiple areas of responsibility within the Finance department.
Plans and directs finance activities by performing the following duties, personally or through supervision of staff.
* Negotiates and executes permanent financing transactions for individual assets, portfolios, and JVs with conventional lenders such as Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and Life Companies.
* Manages and executes secured debt activity such as substitutions, releases, prepayments, defeasance, extensions, and negotiating amendments, and assists in monitoring compliance with secured debt facilities.
* Negotiates and executes land
and construction loans, and assists in administration including draw requests and monitoring compliance.
* Manages tax exempt bond transactions including originations, restructurings, assumptions, on-going compliance with regulatory requirements, and providing analytical support for existing bond deals and potential future transactions.
* Assists in HUD financing activities including knowledge of programs and negotiation of construction and permanent HUD loans.
* Prepares debt abstracts on all secured debt facilities for distribution to other corporate departments and the field.
* Conducts and reviews financial analyses such as financing alternatives, release pricing, prepayment calculations, DSC, LTV, and recommendations for substitutions.
* Supports JV Equity sourcing and investment activities including conducting financial analysis, monitoring financing, and assisting with reporting.
* Assists in managing hedge transactions and relationships with hedge providers such as Chatham, including negotiating and maintaining ISDAs, and overseeing origination, approval, execution and documentation of trades.
* Assists in maintaining database for all debt on company s balance sheet, with primary responsibility for property-level debt such as Agency credit facilities, tax-exempt debt, and construction loans.
* Maintains relationships with Servicers and Lenders.
* Supervises and mentors Finance Analysts.
* Bachelor s degree (B.A.) in Finance or related field from four-year college or university; and five to ten years finance experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Master s degree preferred.
* Extensive project management experience and supervisory experience.
* Advanced MS Word and Excel skills.
* Intermediate Outlook, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
* Great opportunities for advancement with a well-respected national company
* Excellent benefits, including comprehensive health care, 401(k) with company match and rent discounts
* Paid vacation and 11 paid holidays, including Martin Luther King Day and President s Day
* Upscale work environment
* Culture that respects work-life balance
* Fun group of people in a real team atmosphere
To learn more about Archstone, visit our website at www.ArchstoneApartments.com.
Archstone is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a condition of employment, a satisfactory hair follicle drug test and background check are required.
Ad provided by Jobirn